Recently I traveled from Florence to London for part of Spring Break, and here are some tips I picked up along the way.
- Bring comfortable shoes/pack for the weather you’re traveling to. Just because it’s warm wherever you are doesn’t mean it’s the same wherever you’re going.
- Don’t forget your chargers/extra batteries/adapters. You really don’t want to be stuck in a countr y without a way to stay connected/take photos.
- Hit up the touristy spots, especially if it’s your first time there. Maybe even try a bus tour! Although it may feel a little silly, it’s a good way to see the city.
- Try the local food! Even if you don’t like it, it’s still a fun experience. Plus, you get bragging rights that you’ve tried something new.
- Bring a journal/something to write in. This is a necessity, so you remember the things that happen on your trip.
- Be open minded. Realize it’s okay to feel good/bad things throughout your trip! (This tip was given to me by my housemate Gaby…thanks Gab!)
- Get lost. This sounds a little weird, I know, but it can be a fun adventure to find your way around the city/country that you’re in! Just make sure to pack a map.
- Find fun things to do, like a local exhibit or a fair. It’s fun, and a good way to explore your surroundings.
- Get some rest! It’s no fun exploring when you’re exhausted, plus it’ll boost your energy while you’re traveling.
- Have fun. Traveling has its highs and lows, so take all of it in stride and enjoy your adventures.
Have a great weekend!