10) Try to relax/take some time to take care of yourself. You won’t be able to get anything done if you’re too stressed.
This means taking a few seconds to stretch your body, read a post from your favorite blogger (wink wink), jam to your favorite song, shower if you need too. Whatever gets you out of your head, and relaxing.
9) Make sure you get some sleep. Being exhausted won’t help you at all.
Even if it means quick power naps, or a full night’s sleep, do what you can t0 make sure you’re in the best possible mindset to work.
8) Make sure you eat. If you’re hungry, nothing will get accomplished.
And don’t try to insist that “you’re too busy to eat.” Take 5 minutes, grab a bar, a fruit/vegetable, anything that can keep you nourished, and enjoy. Trust me, your body (and mind) will thank you.
7) Try to make a to-do list for what you need to accomplish.
Get out a spare notebook, a piece of paper, a whiteboard…anything you can write on and something that you won’t forget to check.
6) Accomplish the little goals, that way you won’t be distracted when you try to work on the bigger ones.
For example, take a minute to send an email or make an appointment (small goal), then work on your huge project.
5) If you need help with a task, ask for it.
Whether it’s friends, family, your work partners, your boss/professor. If you have questions or are confused, ask for help.
4) Try to avoid procrastinating.
Speaking from a lot of experience here, try not to procrastinate. It’ll only make you more stressed and overwhelmed, which isn’t what you want. Trust me.
3) If something doesn’t work out, move on.
Maybe you failed an exam, or forgot an appointment or a meeting that you were supposed to attend. Instead of focusing on what you didn’t do, try to move past it and onto the next task. The past isn’t something you can change.
2) Try to get outside if you can.
Taking a few deeps breaths of fresh air can do great things, even if you only have a minute to spare. Fresh air beats stale inside air any day.
1 ) You’re not going to always be overwhelmed.
Sure, you’re overwhelmed now, but there will come a time where all of the stress and anxiety will go away. So instead of panicking about what you have to do, keep in mind that it won’t always be this way. You can do it, I believe in you.