10. It provides a large variety of health services, including the following:
- STD/STI testing
- Birth control prescriptions/Contraceptives
- Breast cancer/Cervical cancer screenings
- Men’s health services
- HIV testing
- Gynecological exams
- Pap Smears
- Prenatal care
9. It has been around for more than 100 years, which means that this non-profit organization has helped millions of individuals in the United States alone since 1916.
8. They focus on providing affordable health care for everyone, regardless of their background.
7. There are over 700 health centers in the United States alone. From low-income areas to residential neighborhoods.
6. They also help to provide education programs, including sexual education programs.
5. They also help to prevent unintended pregnancies. However, as shown above, this is not the only service that Planned Parenthood provides.
4. They are a non-profit organization, which means that they have no financial motivation to help others. They simply want to help others receive the medical care that they want and need.
3. If it is defunded, it is estimated that over 600,000 individuals would lose their access to healthcare, which would lead to a rise in major health issues, such as cancer and unintended/unsafe pregnancies.
2. Planned Parenthood also provides safe access for underage teenagers. This is extremely important, as many health places (such as hospitals) will not help minors receive the care that they need without the consent of an adult.
1. Finally, Planned Parenthood in one of the only organizations that fights for the reproductive health and sexual health of everyone. Men, women, and children are all able to have access to this amazing organization, with no strings attached. To me, that definitely is important.
#IStandWithPP…do you? Tell me why or why not in the comments below.
4 thoughts on “10 Reasons For Why Planned Parenthood Is Important”
It’s a wonderful organization. Great post.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I completely agree, and thank you!
I think that this is so good it makes my eyes water